Many mainstream schools have pupils with and without diagnoses that have difficulty participating in important curriculum activities such as handwriting, paying attention, organisation, emotional/self regulation, interacting with others and coordination. We can contribute to EHCP process including report writing and educational goals.
We work to help pupils improve their skills and participation in identified areas, as well as work collaboratively with teachers, parents/carers and staff to help the children meet their targets.
Some benefits of having OT4me work with your staff and pupils:
- Clearly measurable goals for the child.
- Support for the teaching team in helping all children access the curriculum.
- Support in addressing difficulties the child may be having in participating in classroom activities.
- Increased understanding of a child’s needs and strategies to help them succeed.
- Supporting the teaching team to embed emotional regulation strategies to help the students with self regulation.
- Training for parents in how to implement strategies at home to support improvements with engagement at school.
OT4me can offer a bespoke service to your provision depending on the needs of your teaching team and students:
- Direct services – individual or small group therapy sessions (in or out of class).
- Extended services – after school groups or individual therapy sessions.
- Consultation/collaborative services – working with teaching staff to assess and enhance the participation of individual children or a whole class in activities.
- Education – for teachers, support staff and parents/careers regarding specific difficulties and approaches.
View our other services